Monday, October 8, 2012

Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinders

Oven grinders is a little hole in the wall type place with AMAZING food! They are famously known for their "pizza pot pies" available in a 1/2 pounder or full pounder size. My favorite items on the menu are actually the Mediterranean bread and the Chef salad (both pictured below). The salad comes with two delicious dressings- sour cream garlic and sweet and sour poppyseed (the poppyseed is my personal fave).



This place does not take reservations and you usually need to wait a bit to get a table- especially on a Friday or Saturday night during dinner time. Every time I've been here the hostess is amazingly able to remember the order in which people arrived- he never writes anything down. This made me a little stressed out at first (heaven forbid that I have to wait longer for my pizza pot pie!) but surprisingly he seems to know what he's doing and the wait always go by very fast. If you haven't been here I would definitely check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment